Saturday, November 7, 2009

Walking to Tybee

I set up a googledoc spreadsheet where we can all input data. We can still learn about the places we visit on here, but I think the spreadsheet will be easier to keep track of everything. So, we have gone 37.6 miles so far.

This gets us to Claremont, California. My mother lived here from 1962-1967, while my grandfather owned and operated a Linkletter-Totten Dance Studio in nearby Pomona. Claremont is home to the "Claremont Colleges:" Claremont-McKenna, Pomona College, Scripps Women's College, Harvey Mudd University, and Pitzer College for undergraduates, while Claremont Graduate University and Keck Graduate Institute serve those already with Bachelor's degrees.

Let's keep moving! We have 34 weeks remaining, and 2400 miles (out of 2438) to go. That means we need to walk 70.5 miles a week as a group, or 7.8 miles per week per adult. We can totally do that! Go, Pabsts! GO!

5 comments:

  1. So far this week I have been sick sick sick... but I think I can make up distance on the back end! Not sure how many trips to the bathroom it takes to make a mile...but not sure I care to know! feeling better and will get back to it tommorow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I don't want to know either. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow go Andi!!! keep truckin!!! I did a fair bit of my walking today out at the confluance bird sactuary.. it was nice but the weather closed in on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I finnally got my 10,000 steps in 1 day....unfortuatly the new shoes caused blisters from all that walking:(.... but I'll have to get some new inserts and keep walkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I posted on my blog how far we have walked towards Tybee island now...Since I couldn't post it here.

    ReplyDelete