Monday, October 19, 2009

We walked...

and walked, and walked, and walked, at least according to the boys! Last night, we managed to go out walking, and went around two big blocks. I google-earthed the distance, and we walked 2.25 miles! So, for all four of us, that's 9 miles to Tybee Island. If you add in my one from last week, that's 10 miles closer! Only 2429 miles left! How much have the rest of you contributed so far?

And, since we are learning about the areas we pass through, I'll tell you a little bit about the Rose Bowl. It is used by UCLA for all their home games, even though it is quite far from campus. The bowl game called the Rose Bowl traditionally hosts the PAC 10 champion and the Big 10 champion on January 1st, unless one of those teams is in the NCAA championship game, and then it is by invitation. This is why Texas played USC here a few years ago. And Texas won! The parade is always held in the morning, except on Sundays, when it would interrupt the numerous churches that line the parade route.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Bethany it took me longer than I wanted to get up and going... busy at work etc... but this week I have been on it. My goal is 10,000 steps per day I have not reached it yet... but here is the tally since I have been talling:
    day 1 3898 steps 1.7 miles
    day 2 7374 steps 3.2 miles
    day 3 7514 steps 3.2 miles for a total this week of 8.1 miles not too bad for 3 days....ps my student at work has been getting me to take the stairs a lot more I think they should count double!

    ReplyDelete