Friday, July 31, 2009

'Tis Friday!

Hooray! It's Friday! Now, let's report on our week. I swam laps during Levi's swim lessons on Tuesday and Thursday. Is it bad that I get a thorough workout (heart rate ~160bpm) during only a 20 minute swim? 5 minutes of which are using a kickboard? Ugh. Someday my cardiovascular fitness will improve. I just don't know when. Also, I restacked the wood pile. Some former owner/resident had done the most pathetic job I've ever seen. Just tossed them all in a pile, not stacking at all. So, Wednesday and Thursday I restacked wood, swept underneath, and cut some of it with a sawzall. Some of it needs to be split, but we'll save that for when I can find the hatchet. As an encore, Levi (who had been directing and encouraging me while I was stacking) used the pile as a drum set. Start with the cowbell (1..2..1,2,3,4) and finish with the cymbal. Hopefully the video will be on the blog soon, so stop by and check it out. It is certainly a flourishing way to cap off a workout. You should try it sometime. What did you do this week?

1 comment:

  1. Not one for an official workout this week.
    Between school getting close, Billy(my hubby) actually taking off for an official vaccation this next week and siblings coming to visit soon I have been very busy around here. Plus had some drama with my fam, and got sick this past week. I must be one of those people who if I don't get up at dawn to do my workout, it doesn't get in? So, I will have to figure that out. I'm looking at our schedule for the next year, and golly-gosh I'm stressed already. So, this week I will be doing lots of walking while we do our little vacation. And will count that because I don't want to raise my blood pressure, have enough things to worry about!
    You guys are great, Bethany, you sure work hard... stacking wood! (we did some branch trimming last week, it was killer on the bod)
    Miss L, so glad to here you like the Y, and proud of you for sticking to it!
    Oh, and the mammogram turn out just fine, thanks for caring gals! The lady did scary me a bit with all her questions, but whew I'm good!
    Hope you guys have a great workout week, take care of yourselves. I was reminded the other day that our families just really want a happy and healthy Mommy!

    ReplyDelete